Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Hidden in my Collection - 1967 Topps Mickey Mantle

For all of the Yankee fans out there, here is a pretty cool card that I have in my collection, the 1967 Topps Mickey Mantle. This was the second Mantle that I added to my collection. I also have his 1962 Topps. I came about this card at the shop when someone brought their collection in. They weren't really sure of what they had, so I quickly glanced through the box and offered a price, which the seller gladly accepted, so I took some of my money and bought it off of him.
.
Totally worth it. You kind of feel guilty when you buy a collection off of someone who doesn't know what they have, but they were more than happy getting a little bit of cash in exchange for some closet space. I looked through the box and was pleasently surprised by what was really in there. There was this card, plus a couple 1957 Topps cards that I will show off later, and also the 1956 Clemente and Koufax. Not a bad haul.
.
I'm hoping that one day, someone will bring in an old shoebox and sell it to make room in the closet, and inside will be the 1952 Topps Mantle. Ohh, I wait for that day.

2 comments:

Hackenbush said...

Not a bad haul? I'd say!

Drew said...

Dude, that is an unbelievable card! Congrats