Sunday, April 3, 2016

TTM Success - Sam Mele

I got a TTM success last Monday from former big leaguer, Sam Mele.  I was really excited to get this one back, because I really liked the 1952 Topps that I had picked up for him to sign.  I didn't have to pay much for it, since it had the evident creases on it, but that made it easier to send TTM.

I really wish I could put a 1952 set together, but the Mantle really makes it tough to even consider.  Let alone the other premium cards like Eddie Mathews, Andy Pafko, etc.  I do have a couple other 52s that I have gotten signed, and a couple others that I have out pending signature.  I think they will look really cool in my auto album.

Mele (b. 1922) played in the majors from 1947 to 1956 for the Red Sox, Senators, White Sox, Orioles, Reds and Indians.  He had 916 hits, 80 home runs and a career average of .267.

I mailed to Mele on March 18 and got the signed card back on March 28, for a 10-day TAT.

No comments: