Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Amazing Just Because Gift From Robert

When I talk to and trade with folks, I naturally try to be friendly and easy to get along with.  This usually results in making new friends, and building some pretty special relationships.  I have been trading with a guy named Robert, who goes by the name Huskys.Sportscards on Instagram for quite a while now.  He and I chat often and have become really close friends.  We were chatting a couple weeks ago when Robert told me that I should check my inbox on Instagram.  When I checked it, he had sent me a few pictures of cards.  I responded "those are nice."  He told me that he had some extra money in his Paypal and thought I deserved something nice.  It really blew me away.  So much so, and I'm not afraid to admit it, I teared up.  My being friendly with this guy had such an impact on him, he felt the need to pick this stuff up for me.  Believe me, it won't be forgotten.  Robert is such an amazing guy.

The above Nolan Reimold 2005 Bowman Chrome Draft Picks Refractor is really cool.  It is graded at a 9.5.  I have a ton of the base chrome, but this graded refractor is so cool!
I didn't have this 2015 Panini National Treasures Chris Davis auto in my collection yet, but Robert took care of that!  This is numbered 2/25 and looks really nice in person.  It is actually die cut, but I couldn't get it to scan properly, so I had to add a backdrop.
I love these 2009 Sterling autos of Nolan.  I got one of the black parallels from my friend, Michael, for Christmas, but Robert found this one for me as well.  This one is numbered 1/25.
Finally, Robert included this 2009 Bowman Sterling for my collection.  I now have 7 of these, and I don't mind that at all.  This might be one of my favorite cards in my collection, design-wise.  I was happy to be able to get another, especially from such a good friend.

Thank you so much for the amazing cards, Robert!  You really didn't have to get me anything, but it is so appreciated.  Thanks, Buddy!

No comments: