Sunday, April 17, 2016

TTM Success - Ed Fitz Gerald

On April 4, I got a ton of TTM success, ten to be exact.  One I was really excited about was this return from former catcher, Ed Fitz Gerald.  I picked up this 1955 Bowman at the last card show that I attended with the intention of getting it signed TTM.  This is the only 1955 Bowman that I have attempted, but it sure looks awesome.  I couldn't be sending out all of these requests and not include at least one of these, could I?
I also found this 1957 Topps at the show and included it in my TTM request.  I think this might be one of the best looking cards that I have gotten signed so far.  The signature looks great and there is something to be said about 1957 Topps.

Fitz Gerald (b. 1924) played in the majors from 1948 to 1959 for the Pirates, Senators and Indians.  He had 542 hits, 19 home runs and a career average of .260.

I mailed to Fitz Gerald on March 28 and got the cards back on April 4 for a 7-day TAT.  He even answered my questions by saying he enjoyed watching Buster Posey the most out of today's players and Brooks Robinson was the greatest player he ever saw play.

No comments: