Thursday, April 28, 2016

TTM Success - Chris Speier

I haven't gotten as many TTM successes in this week, so I may be able to catch up on some posts soon.  Here is a success I got on April 14 from Chris Speier.  I actually had Speier in my pile to send TTM to for quite a while, and I kept adding and adding card options to the pile.  I finally decided to send to him, so I chose what I thought were the best 5 that I had.

The above 1974 Topps turned out really nice, I think.  I don't have too many 1974s that I have been able to get signed, so that was one of the big reasons I chose that one.
Here are the other cards I sent, an 84, 85, 87 and 90 Topps.  They all turned out great, with the exception of some smudging on the 1987.

Speier (b. 1950) played in the majors from 1971 to 1989 for the Giants, Expos, Cardinals, Twins and Cubs.  He had 1,759 hits, 112 home runs and a career batting average of .246.  He was a three-time All Star and finished 28th in the NL MVP voting in 1972.  Speier appeared on the Hall of Fame ballot in 1995 and received 0.2% of the vote.

I mailed to Speier on March 21 and got the cards back on April 14 for a 24-day TAT.

No comments: