Tuesday, April 19, 2016

TTM Success - LaMarr Hoyt

One of the many TTM successes I got back on April 4 was from former pitcher, LaMarr Hoyt.  I mailed 4 cards to him on March 28 and got them back signed on April 4 for a 7-day TAT.

When choosing what to send Hoyt, I had to go with this 1984 Topps All Star card, since it was sitting in the top cubby hole of my desk for years.  I have no idea where it came from, but there it sat.  For a long time.  Now, it will finally reside in my TTM album, after being sent out into the world and coming back with a signature.  I finally put it to use.
I was able to get autos on some other nice Topps cards as well, like this 1985.  I still contend that these look really awesome signed.
This 1986 Topps turned out great as well.  Much like the below 1987.  I really liked getting this success from Hoyt.
Hoyt (b. 1955) played in the majors from 1979 to 1986 for the White Sox and Padres.  He was the 1983 AL Cy Young Award winner after going 24-10 with a 3.66 ERA and 148 strike outs.  He finished his career with a 98-68 record, with an ERA of 3.99 and 681 strike outs.  He was also an All Star in 1985.

No comments: