Thursday, April 14, 2016

TTM Success - Rance Pless

April 1st was no Fool's Day for me.  I received 7 TTM success that day, putting me way behind on posting.  A couple days later, I would receive 10 more TTM successes, so I really need to get on the ball (so to speak) and catch up.

The next to last TTM success I received on April 1 was this 1956 Topps from Rance Pless.  Pless is a great TTM signer, and I had to add him to my project.  Especially since the 1956 Topps is his only card.  I bought it off of Ebay for a couple bucks for the specific purpose of getting it signed TTM.

Pless also responded in a few words to my note that I sent, saying that in 1956, Kansas City was HOT.

Pless (b. 1925) played for the Kansas City A's in 1956, his only season in the majors.  He made his debut that year at the age of 30 and had 23 hits, no home runs and a .271 batting average.

I mailed to him on March 25 and got the card back 7 days later.

No comments: