Wednesday, April 20, 2016

TTM Success - Tom Shopay

I had a really nice TTM success come in on April 4.  This 1970 Topps card of Tom Shopay turned out really nice.  I bought the card off of Ebay because I had bought one other vintage card from a seller, and they were running a special for buy one card, get another half price, so I picked this because I had seen that Shopay signs TTM.  It also helped that he was a former Oriole.

The card turned out great, but I was also pleased to received responses to the questions that I asked him as well.

Did you enjoy your time in Baltimore?
Really enjoyed the whole experience.

Who was your favorite teammate?
Tony Muser and Brooks Robinson

What is your most prominent memory from your playing days?
Playing in the 1971 World Series.  My first major league home run.

Mr. Shopay then signed my letter!

Shopay (b. 1945) played in the majors in 1967, 69, 71, 72, 75, 76 and 77.  He had 62 hits, 3 home runs and a .201 batting average.

I mailed to him on March 25 and got the card back on April 4.  I'm really glad I took advantage of that sale on Ebay!

No comments: