Monday, April 25, 2016

TTM Success - Marty Cordova

I was finally able to knock some early 2000s cards off of my list when I got a TTM success back from Marty Cordova.  I picked up some of his stuff from Sportlots, since I don't have any bulk from the early 2000s, and I'm glad I did.  The cards all turned out great.  I have a couple other players that I sent to who were in those sets, so I should be seeing a few more soon.

I was always a fan of 2001 and 2003 Topps.  Those color borders were really bold and stood out.  The only drawback to them was the over-glossing that causes the cards to stick together.  Thankfully, Topps has gotten away from that.
This Topps Total also turned out really nicely.  This is a set that I have thought would make a comeback soon, but it still hasn't happened.  The huge checklist was always a plus, but it was otherwise a bland product.  Geared toward the super mega low end of the price point, Topps Total is what it is, a set where you can find that one guy who played for your team those four games.  Something like that.

Cordova (b. 1969) played in the majors from 1995 to 2003 for the Twins, Blue Jays, Indians and Orioles.  In his career, he had 938 hits, 122 home runs and an average of .274.  He was the 1995 AL rookie of the year.

I mailed to Cordova on March 28 and got the cards back on April 8 for an 11-day TAT.  This success really helped knock out some years on my Topps Autograph Project.  With everything I have to date, the only years I lack are 1961, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1999, 2008, 2009, 2015 and 2016.  This project really is coming along!

No comments: