Friday, April 1, 2016

TTM Succes - Charlie Hough

I received a huge TTM success on Friday, March 25 from former pitcher, Charlie Hough.  The above 1986 Topps Rangers Leaders card might be one of the best looking TTM successes that I have gotten.  Hough has a really nice signature, and the design of this card really fits with the auto.

Hough signed for free, and signed everything that I sent.
I tried a few different Hough cards, and they all turned out great.  I think the 1992 Pinnacle really looks nice.  I don't have very many of those any more, but I opened a ton of those packs way back when.
1994 Collector's Choice might be another nice forgotten 90s set, and this one turned out really great.  By this time, Hough was at the end of his career, but was a veteran presence on an expansion Marlins team.
Finally, here is a 1986 Topps mini league leaders Hough.  This was in one of the boxes that Mom gave me, and I figured I would try to get one of them signed.

I mailed to Hough on March 2 and got the cards back on March 25 for a 23-day TAT.

Hough (b. 1948) played in the majors from 1970 to 1994 for the Dodgers, Rangers, White Sox and Marlins.  He was an inaugural member of the Marlins.  He had a career record of 216-216 with an ERA of 3.75 and 2,362 strike outs.  He was an All Star only once, in 1986.  He appeared in three World Series with the Dodgers (1974, 1977 and 1978), but failed to win a ring.  His might be one of my favorite signatures that I have gotten so far.

No comments: