Wednesday, April 6, 2016

TTM Success - Ben Oglivie

I got a huge TTM success on March 29 when I got 8 signed cards back from Ben Oglivie.  I mailed to him on March 2 and got the cards back 27 days later.

The above 1975 Topps came from the stack of 75s that Max hooked me up with.  The rest of the cards all came from the boxes of cards that Mom found for me.
I got a few multiples of Oglivie signed.  I have, so far, been giving a few of the duplicates to some friends of mine.  I will continue to do so, since I know others who would like to do TTM, either don't have the time or the means to do so.  It is another way I can try to give back to the community.
Oglivie (b. 1949) played in the majors from 1971 to 1986 for the Red Sox, Tigers and Brewers.  He had 1,615 hits, 235 home runs and a lifetime average of .273.  He was a three time All Star (1980, 1982 and 1983).  His best season was 1980 when he led the AL with 41 home runs, was an All Star, a Silver Slugger and finished 13th on the AL MVP ballot.  He appeared in one World Series, 1982, when the Brewers lost to the Cardinals.

No comments: