Wednesday, April 20, 2016

TTM Success - Terry Kennedy

This was actually a fun TTM for me to do.  Why?  Well, I know someone named Terry Kennedy, so I was able to get a duplicate signed and sent to him, which made this success better.  I also got some cool cards signed, which is always a plus.

The above 1979 Topps Cardinals Prospects card turned out nice.  I think I can get the other two guys as well, sine they both sign TTM. That might add some frequent flyer miles to the card.

The same cannot be said for the father/son card from 1985 Topps.  It would have been nice to get the elder Kennedy on that one, but sadly, he passed away in 2005.  Still, the card looks nice.
This 1980 Topps turned out great.  I don't have a whole lot of those lying around, so getting this from my birth year was nice.
Finally, I added a couple of his Orioles cards from 1988 and 1989, and they look really cool, too.

Kennedy (b. 1956) played in the majors from 1978 to 1991 for the Cardinals, Padres, Orioles and Giants.  He had 1,313 hits, 113 home runs and a career average of .264.  Kennedy was a 4-time All Star, a Silver Slugger in 1983 and finished 10th in the MVP voting in 1983, his highest voting total.

I mailed to Kennedy on March 18 and got the cards back signed on April 4 for a 17-day TAT.

No comments: