Monday, April 18, 2016

Instagram Deal with Zach O.

I was approached recently by a guy from California about the 1990 Score Rookie and Traded box seen in the above picture.  He didn't want the set and was willing to send it to me for free.  I was amazed by the offer, but I didn't really want the set at first.  He insisted, so I agreed to take it off of his hands.  I guess he had a change of heart, and then decided he wanted to hold onto the set for the time being.  He said that he did, however, have a ball he wanted to get rid of, and if I bought the ball off of him, he would go ahead and throw the set in the mix.

Well, for a ridiculously low price, I bought the ball, and got the set of cards.  What happened afterward turned out to be pretty awesome.  We got to talking, and it turned out that the guy sending me this stuff was someone who had been following me with his personal account since about when I first started trading on Instagram.

Zach had been wanting to approach me for a while about a deal, but he didn't really have a lot he wanted to offer.  I'm glad he finally did, because it turned out that he is a really friendly guy.  We have hit it off pretty fast, and have had a lot of discussions about baseball, and life in general.  He's a really good guy, and I'm happy that he messaged me about those 1990 Score.  I'm going to put the set up with the rest of my completed sets, and not touch it.  The ball came from the 1994 World Series that wasn't played, so I will put it with my other logo and specialty baseballs.

Thank you so much for the deal, Zach!  I really appreciate it, and I'm happy that I could make a new friend!

No comments: