Monday, September 28, 2026

September 1-6, 2026, Graphing of the Otters at Bird Dawgs

This Bird Dawgs season ended on September 6, and with that, graphing for me this season has closed. I was going to go to Durham and then Norfolk, but I opted out in favor of resting and relaxing at home. It was a long season.
The Evansville Otters came to town with a few guys who had team set cards from across the minors. They also had teo guys with cards listed on their coaching staff, but I learned on the first night of the series that those two guys didn't make the trip. That was a shame, but we still enjoyed the series.

The Bird Dawgs were a much better team this season. They had several players hit over .300, even a couple hit over .330. That's pretty dang good. Stephen DiTomaso even broke the single season hits record for the Frontier League. That was something awesome to see that last series.

Stephen signed a ball for me with the hits record inscription, and then gave me a cracked bat after the final game. He's such a great guy. I really hope an affiliated club picks him up.

In all, we got the following autographs: Blake Barthol x 2, Mark Black x 2, Logan Brown x 2, Joan Gonzalez x 4, Marco Gonzalez x 4 and Anthony Tomczak x 4, Nate Wohlgemuth x 2, and Stephen Ditomaso x 2 (22 total autographs). 

No comments: