Thursday, January 2, 2020

TTM Success - Derryl Cousins

I used up another 1987 Topps checklist recently when I sent TTM to former umpire, Derryl Cousins.  I wanted to add some of the umpires to my set, so if the slot for the checklist is already full, I will add this one to the back of the binder.  I plan on adding some other, different, stuff to my binder via the hundreds of checklists that I ended up with.  We'll see if I can make that happen.
I also had these ad and promo cards put aside for some reason, so I included them with the TTM request to Cousins.  I figured getting an umpire on these would be fine.  Now, these oddball ad cards will have a place in my album, as well.

Cousins (b. 1946) was an umpire in MLB from 1979 to 2012, beginning as an AL umpire from 1979 until the AL and NL umpires were combined in 2000.  He officiated three World Series (1988, 1999 and 2005) and three All Star games (1987, 1998 and 2008).

I mailed to Cousins on October 28 and got the cards back on November 25, for a 28-day TAT.

No comments: