Monday, February 29, 2016

TTM Success - Gene Clines

I sent out a ton of cards for TTMs last week.  On February 18 I sent out 5 and on February 22 I sent out 16.  I got my first two back today.  I'll show the other tomorrow, hopefully.  What I'm doing with the TTMs, for the most part, is take a bunch of old cards that are just sitting in boxes and re-purposing them into something else.  I am getting ones signed that I think will look cool, and then putting them in albums.  I rarely display cards in albums, but I think these will look really cool, especially with the assortment of sets and designs that I am using.  I know I have used the word "re-purpose" quite a bit.  I learned it from my good friend, Angela, when we were talking about the expanded "Rs" of recycling.  You know, reduce, reuse, recycle, re-purpose.  It fits right into my field of work, and I think it is something that will be kind of neat to do with my ever-evolving hobby.

I have all but given up on getting baseballs signed, since it is so expensive to get them signed TTM, but I intend to still try a few here and there.

I got this 1975 Topps in a huge deal a while back with my amazingly awesome friend, Max.  I believe it was our first or second deal that landed me a bunch of album pages and a box of 1975 Topps baseball, and some advertising cards.  The cards have pretty much sat in my closet for a while, and when I got my Eli Manning card back signed, I figured I would start my next TTM project using those cards from Max.

I sent to Gene Clines in the second batch of TTMs on February 22, and got it back today (Feb, 29).  Clines (b. 1946) played in the majors from 1970 to 1979 for the Pirates, Mets, Rangers and Cubs.  He had 645 hits, 5 home runs and a .277 lifetime batting average.  He won the World Series with the Pirates in 1971 (booo) and finished at high as 20th in the NL MVP voting (1972).

I sent Mr. Clines two cards (both 1975 Topps) and they came back signed with a 7-day TAT.  Thank you Mr. Clines.

No comments: