Monday, February 8, 2016

TTM Success - Al Hrabosky

I received another TTM success recently when I got this 1983 Donruss signed by former Major Leaguer, Al Hrabosky.  I sent to him on January 16, 2016 and got the card back on February 6, 2016.  Not a bad turn around.

I originally got the card in one of the many huge cards boxes that I picked up after Christmas from my good friend, and fellow blogger, Pete.  This was the lone Hrabosky card in the box, and I figured I would try to see if I could get a TTM return out of it.  I'm not disappointed!

Hrabosky signed for free, and included the inscription "The Mad Hungarian".  Pretty cool!

Hrabosky (b. 1949) played in the majors from 1970 to 1982 for the Cardinals, Royals and Braves.  Mainly a reliever, he compiled a career record of 64-36 with a 3.10 ERA and 97 saves.  He finished as high as 3rd in the NL Cy Young voting (and 8th in the NL MVP voting) in 1975 when he went 13-3 with a 1.66 ERA.

This is now, obviously a shift for me when it comes to TTMs.  I had previously only sent off baseballs to be signed, but with the cost of OMLBs, the terrible fading of many of my past successes, and lack of space, I am now moving more toward having cards signed.  I think this will help me get back some interest in TTMs.

No comments: