Sunday, February 14, 2016

Card Show Pickup - 1956 Topps Luis Aparicio RC

Ok, I know I said yesterday that I was done buying cards at the show,  but we all as collectors know that when we see something we have been looking for at a great price, we had better jump on it.  I was looking around today (I wish you all had come, because it sure was dead there today) and stopped by my favorite vendor, Kurt, and saw that he had two of the Aparicio rookies in his display case.  He had this one, which is in really good shape, for $20.  I had to do it.

So, I have knocked off three cards from my Top Ten Wishlist so far this year, and we are only halfway through February.  Not bad!  I have been wanting this Aparicio for a long time, and now I have it.  I have quite a few big names from 1956 Topps.  I might have a decent shot at putting this set together at some point, and would definitely consider this one as my next 1950s set to do.

No comments: