Saturday, January 16, 2016

Welcome Back, Orange Crush!

I was getting tired of waking up to bad news this week.  So, when I woke up this morning to a Kik message from my friend Scott saying that Chris Davis has resigned with the Orioles, I got excited.  I tempered my enthusiasm, because I don't get worked up over Orioles news until I confirmed it on Roch Kubatko's blog on MASNSports.com.  Well, I checked Roch's blog and it was confirmed, Davis is back, pending a physical, for 7 years, $161 million.
When the contract is finalized, it will be the biggest contract that the Orioles have ever handed out, far surpassing the one that Adam Jones signed a few years ago (6 years, $85.5 million signed in 2012).

Davis's deal includes a full no trade clause and no opt outs.  Davis is my guy, and I am so happy to see him coming back to the Orioles.  I think you will see a flurry of moves, now that he is off the board.  Yoenis Cespedes and Justin Upton should be finding landing spots soon.

No comments: