Friday, November 20, 2015

The Foulbunt Top Ten - No. 4

We are getting to the best of the best cards in my collection as this countdown begins to wind down.  The cards that made this list have significant value to me, but they each also have significant value in the hobby.  When you are able to add a rookie card of a baseball legend, and one of the most underrated players of all-time, you have to jump on it.  It doesn't matter if the card isn't the most aesthetically pleasing.  We covered that already.  The card that is slotted at No. 4 on the list is there for all of the right reasons.  It is a truly tough card to add, and I was able to with a little bit of luck and some really good timing.  This card will likely only increase in value, both monetarily, and also in my own mind.  So, here we are with card No. 4:
My 1948 Bowman Stan Musial rookie card is ranked No. 4 on my Top Ten because it really is a cool card.  I saw one for a good price, and pretty much robbed it from Ebay at a time when Musial wasn't really at the forefront of people's minds.  He is one of the all-time greats in baseball, but when the discussions are being had, he tends to be overshadowed by the likes of Mays, Mantle, Ted Williams, etc.

Something else that is significant about this card is that this card pretty much showed me that I could complete the 1948 set, since it was one of the biggest keys to the set, and I was able to add it without having to take out a mortgage.  I had already owned the Feller and Spahn rookies, so when I was able to add this as well, it was on!  I was able to complete the set, and I added a couple other significant HOF rookies that were in there, but the Musial still ranks above and beyond those others.

I really love this card, and I still am excited that it made its way into my collection.  I'm sure that if this card is ranked at No. 4, then the three ahead of it must be amazing, right?

No comments: