Thursday, November 28, 2013

I'm Thankful For...

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.  I appreciate all of you taking the time to read my blog over the 5 years of its existence.  Yeah, that's right, I passed my 5-year anniversary a couple weeks ago.  Hard to imagine how much of a failure that I thought this blog would be.  I'm very thankful that Pete and P. A. talked me into starting it up back in November 2008.

I'm thankful for the close friends that I have gained because of this blog.  Andrew, Drew, Scott, Ryan, Nick, Schuyler, and many others.

I'm thankful for the opportunities it has provided.  Interviewing Mr. Virgil Trucks and trading with Nolan Reimold's wife.

I'm thankful to all of the former players who have responded to my TTM requests.  The players who took the time to put in a little something extra for this fan.

I'm thankful that I had the opportunity to interact with some of those players before they passed away this year, such as, Virgil Trucks, Mule Miles, Mike Palagyi, Bob Savage, Sophie Kurys, Chuck Diering, Babe Martin, Moon Mullen, Bob Turley and Earl Weaver.

Outside of the blog, I'm thankful for, obviously, my wife, Mallory who puts up with me (which is a lot more difficult than you may believe); my son, Christopher (who - SPOILER ALERT - will have his own blog soon), my mom and dad, my brothers and sisters and the rest of my extended family.

I'm especially thankful I have been provided another year with my grandmothers.

I'm thankful for all of those who choose to call me their friend.

I'm thankful for the company that I work for and the awesome people I work with.

I'm thankful for Buck Showalter.

I'm thankful that a late inning reliever, whom I loved, could be traded for a power hitting first baseman who smashed the Orioles single season HR record.

I'm thankful for Roch Kubatko's blog on masnsports.com.

I'm thankful for Fan Fest and being able to make a friend there, Michael.

I'm thankful to my brother, Adam, for introducing me to the Columbia Antique Mall.

I'm thankful for Double Stuff Oreos.

I'm thankful for a well-cooked steak.

I'm thankful for a lot of things.  So, thank you everyone for your support over the years.  Please continue to check in here and see what's going on, I sincerely enjoy it.  I hope you all have a safe and healthy Thanksgiving a merry Christmas and Happy New Year, but that's getting ahead of ourselves.  Let's get this turkey cooked first.

No comments: