Tuesday, November 5, 2013

1959 Pickups From the Antique Shop

I'm going to keep this post short since it is late and I got home so late from work, but I wanted to discuss the 1959 Topps cards that I got from the antique shop in Columbia, this past weekend.

I was able to knock out 21 cards that I needed for my set (my wishlist has already been updated to reflect these pickups).

6 of the cards are the Sporting News Rookie Stars of 1959 cards like the one seen above.  They carried a little more of a premium than the other cards I got.
Other than the Rookie Stars cards, most of what I got were commons.  The most notable names were Ruben Amaro (shown above) and Johnny Roseboro.  Even commons in this set cost a little more than I'm used to, but I think a lot of that was due to me dealing with a guy who specialized in vintage cards, which is completely fine.

Anyway, with the Gibson and Mantle already taken care of, I believe I am making great progress on this set.  I still have the Mantle All Star card to get, which is a high number as well.  The thought of getting that and some of the other All Star cards might just be enough to give me a nosebleed.  Yikes.  Anyway, I'm in no rush and am knocking cards out at an impressive clip, so I will just keep on it and see where it takes me.

No comments: