Friday, December 21, 2012

COMC Pickup - 2011 Topps Jimmie Foxx SP

Here is another pickup from COMC that I got right after Thanksgiving.  Wow, I still have several of these cards I want to show.  I've been busy lately and unable to do more than one post a day, so I think I need to get on it and finish this series up.  I have stuff from last weekend's Raleigh card show and a trip to the card shop to go over as well...

So, here is a really cool Jimmie Foxx SP from 2011 Topps.  Again, I really enjoy the legends SPs that Topps has done lately.  They don't drown you in them, I think they are something like one per box, or one per 1.5 boxes or so.  I like the old school Philadelphia A's uniform and logo.  I really think the Philadelphia A's are one of my favorite vintage teams.  I was looking at Connie Mack signed baseballs lately and was amazed at how cheap his signature is compared to some other folks from that era.

Anyway, this is another Foxx for my PC, which is growing nicely.  I need to keep saving so I can add a Foxx baseball to my HOF autograph collection.  Or, maybe I need to just win the lottery.

No comments: