Wednesday, June 8, 2011

TTM Success - Zach Britton

I came home from work today (after working a 11-hour day) and found one of my awesome mailers in my mailbox. I sent out 4 TTM requests on May 27 and got the first back today. Orioles rookie pitcher Zach Britton.

Britton is having a great season so far and has been one of the more reliable youngsters on the O's staff. He hasn't gotten a W in a month, but he has pretty much kept the team in the ballgame each time out (save for a couple shaky outings recently).
I'm hoping Zach can hang in the hunt for the Rookie of the Year award this season, as that would definitely mean good things are coming to the O's after so many pitching prospects haven't panned out. I'm always optimistic, but this season has shown glimpses of how good their staff can be, if only they can sustain it for an entire season.

No comments: