Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Card Show Pickup - Johnny Bench Patch

I'm still catching up on posts and one thing I really wanted to get on here is this 2010 Topps Commemorative Patch Johnny Bench.

I got this card at the last card show by trading with some young collectors. I believe I traded a Twins relic for it, but I really don't remember. I know the kid got a good card in return. I think Bench was an awesome player and I can't wait until I get an autographed baseball of his.

In my mind, Bench has to be at the top 5 of greatest catchers of all time. I'm sure people will be able to dispute that claim, but I would see both Pudges (Fisk and Rodriguez), Piazza and Berra on that list as well.

I have a good bit more stuff from that last show to catch up on, so hopefully I will be able to get it posted soon.

No comments: