Friday, June 3, 2011

Hall of Fame Baseball Ebay Success - Red Schoendienst

Here is the second of the 3 balls that I got off of ebay recently. I have been trying to get a Schoendienst ball for a good while now. I had hoped to get him TTM, but he signs so sporadically, I figured it would be easier to just buy one. He is my 35th Hall of Famer.

I now have 8 of the top 10 oldest living members of the Hall of Fame: 1. Lee Macphail, 2. Bobby Doerr, 3. Monte Irvin, 4. Stan Musial, 5. Ralph Kiner, 6. Red Schoendienst, 8. Tommy Lasorda and 9. Whitey Ford.

Schoendienst played in the majors from 1945 to 1963 for the Cardinals, Giants and Braves. He retired with 2,449 hits, 84 home runs and a .289 batting average. He was a member of the 1946 World Series Champion Cardinals and 1957 World Series Champion Braves.

He was elected to the Hall of Fame in 1989 by the Veterans Committee.

No comments: