Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Set Complete - 1969 Topps

It has been a while since I have completed a set, let alone a vintage one, but I finally can cross 1969 Topps off of the list.  I know I have been saying for the last several years that I needed to go ahead and complete the 1969 Topps set.  I went to the National Sports Collectors Convention in Cleveland this year with that goal in mind.  The best part was, I met that goal during the first day of the show.

I walked around the show with my good friend, Nate, and he helped me find the last eight cards for the set.  The above World Series highlights card was the last card I needed to finish off the set.

While I was slowly working on this set, I started three new vintage sets: 1955 Bowman, 1967 Topps and 1972 Topps.  I feel like 1967 Topps will take me a while.  Nate actually helped me knock a huge chunk out of 1972, which I am grateful.  I also have a bunch of 1955 Bowman already, and I feel like that one will be fairly easy, since I knocked out most of the tough cards already.

No comments: