Tuesday, August 14, 2018

TTM Success - Dane Dunning

I missed graphing Dane Dunning early this season, then he was moved up to Double A Birmingham, so I ended up sending a few cards TTM for him to sign.  Luckily, I got them all back signed.  I had hoped to get a few cards signed in person this season, but he moved up so fast, I had to settle for these four.
I'd say that this 2016 Bowman Chrome draft day insert was the card I wanted most to get done, but really, the below team set cards were the ones I wanted the most.
The Carolina League Top Prospects sets came out at the tail end of the season last year, so I missed out on a bunch of players.  I had also bought the South Atlantic League set, since there were a few Delmarva guys in there.

Dunning (b. 1994) was originally drafted by the Nationals in the first round of the 2016 draft (29th overall) out of the University of Florida.  He was then traded to the White Sox as part of a deal for Adam Eaton.  So far, Dunning has a record of 17-13 with a 2.74 ERA and 300 strike outs.  He has reached Double A in only three seasons, and is poised to make the White Sox sooner rather than later.

I mailed to Dunning on May 5 via the Birmingham Barons and received the cards back on May 21, for a 16-day TAT.

No comments: