Monday, August 20, 2018

2018 National Card Show VIP Party Free Signers

This year, the free signers for the National Card Show were pretty decent.  Luis Tiant is a legend, and I was happy to add him on a few nice cards.  I especially wanted this 1969 Topps Deckle Edge in my album, and got one done.
I also had this 1968 Topps that I got done, since Tiant was signing multiples.  Nate got me the above 1979 Topps, since he only wanted one card.
Since I don't collect basketball cards, I picked up a few Calvin Murphy cards for myself, and my friends.  He was really cool, so I am glad I went ahead and met him.
Finally, I met former player and manager, Mike Hargrove.  He was also really nice, and we talked about his time with the Orioles, briefly.
I had to make sure I got one of his Orioles cards signed, and this 2004 Topps was the one I picked.  I have only a small handful of 2004 Topps cards in my album, so I am glad another one was added.

No comments: