Monday, June 15, 2015

Some New Brooks Cards From The Card Shop

I have been cherry picking some products recently during my weekly visits to the card shop.  Just a few packs here and there of the newest stuff that comes out, then I head to the shop keeper's office where he lets me look through his boxes of cards that he hasn't yet put out onto the floor.  While I haven't had a lot of luck in the packs, with the exception of the nice patch I posted the other day, I have been luckier looking through his boxes.

I have found quite a bunch of PC stuff in there, like the two Brooks Robinson cards that I want to show today.  The above 2015 Topps Archives is an awesome looking Brooks card, on the 1983 Topps design.  I've said it before, but the 1983 set was the most difficult set I built in 80s decade.  I was able to find tons of commons of all of the other 80s sets except for 1983.  I never understood why.  The set is very nice-looking, and it is cool to see Brooks on that design.  It especially fits, since 1983 was the year in which Brooks was inducted into the Hall of Fame.
Another card I found was this 2015 Donruss All-Time Diamond King.  I love the color of this card for some reason, and it also looks very sharp.  I feel like, regardless of the lack of logos, Panini does a good job with their products.

I enjoy searching the boxes of cards at the shop, and while I usually end up buying singles for other people, it is nice to find something for myself every once in a while.

No comments: