Friday, June 26, 2015

Ebay Pickup - 2014 Leaf Trinity Pure Ryan Mountcastle Auto

My first pickup from the Orioles 2015 draft class was this 2014 Leaf Trinity Pure Ryan Mountcastle auto numbered 22/40.  The card is awesome and marks my second Pure auto, the first being my Hunter Harvey.

These are really amazing cards.  They're clear acetate cards, which I really enjoy.  I remember when Marvel put out acetate cards in one of their sets back in the 1990s, and I had a great time building that set.

I saw that there is a Brooks Robinson like this one, so you know I will be going for that pretty soon.

Mountcastle was the Orioles second pick in the 1st round of this year's draft.  He looks to be a pretty good hitter, even thought many of the "experts" felt like the O's drafted him way too high.  I'll let his performance tell me how he turns out.

I just hope he doesn't turn out like Billy Rowell.

No comments: