Tuesday, October 26, 2010

TTM Success - Lee MacPhail

This is the first time I have used a photo from my new phone on the blog. I think it looks ok...

Anyway, I mailed a baseball to Lee MacPhail, the oldest living Hall of Famer, on Monday, October 18, 2010. I sent the ball off just before noon that day and got it back today. Pretty awesome turn around time. The signature itself is a bit shaky, but not bad at all for a guy who turned 93 yesterday. I just realized that. Maybe I should have sent him a birthday card.

MacPhail is the father of the O's GM, Andy MacPhail. He was the AL President from 1974 to 1984. When he was elected to the Hall of Fame in 1998, he joined his father, Larry MacPhail, as the only father/son duo in the Hall.

1 comment:

Drew said...

Sweet ball man, gotta love a HOF'er auto! Congrats!