Saturday, April 3, 2010

April 3, 2010 Raleigh Card Show

Wow, it has been such a busy day. I will try to get to everything in subsequent posts, but first, I wanted to talk about the card show that Chris, Max, Alicia and I went to in Raleigh. Max and I have been looking forward to this show for a while, since it has been a long time since we had last been to a show together. Today was a one-day only Easter show, and it fit right into our other plans for the day...

First, here is a nice little gift from my best friend. I had come back from one of Chris' 2,000 trips to the potty and was handed this yearbook from Max. It was a nice surprise. He always knows things that I will enjoy. Here's to hoping there are some more moments like this one in the future...
Next up, we found a guy who had a bunch of old Bowman's for $2.00 a piece. I picked this up (a 1951 Bowman) because he was a St. Louis Brown (the team who moved to Baltimore to become the Orioles). I also bought another for Max because the player is listed as being from Lincolnton, NC, which is minutes down the road from Max's house.

I found these next 2 cards (Brooks Robinson Topps Tribute) for $1.00 each. I thought they were nice and shiny, so I got them. I believe they are from 2002.


I picked up 9 1948 Bowmans. Yep, I decided to put this set together. 48 cards total, and I already have 11 of them. Seems do-able, I think. Of course, the Berra and Rizzuto are going to be tough, but I was able to get the Musial, so I think I can do it.

I was able to pick up another Hall of Famer, though, Red Schoendienst. Not bad. The card is really nice. I am really enjoying this set.

I found this 1934 National Chicle Diamond Stars for $5.00. Its a rough looking card, but that is why I liked it so much. What do you think?

Here is the reverse of the Diamond Stars. I like the 'tip for young players.' Pretty cool. The words are a bit faded, but I think they are legible.

Hahaha, Harry Doyle himself. 2010 WWE Hall of Fame Inductee, Bob Uecker. My wife remarked the other day how she would like a Uecker card, and this was in a 75% off box. My one 'OH COOL' find at the show.
I don't need to tell you that I had an awesome time today, but the posts that will come later will definitely explain. Today was one of those days which you sit back and wish all could be like. I wish I could spend more time with my friends and family like I did today.

No comments: