Thursday, January 19, 2017

TTM Success - Matt Walbeck

I took yesterday off from posting TTM successes and other stuff to put the sole focus (as I think is right) on the Hall of Fame announcement.  Now, I can get back to trying to whittle my stacks down to something more manageable.  I can make some headway today by showing this TTM success from Matt Walbeck, which I got on quite a few cards.

This 1994 Gold Leaf Rookie looks a lot better in person than the above scan shows.
The success from Walbeck extended across a bunch of cards, like this 1994 Upper Deck.  It is a horizontal card showing some cool catcher's gear.  I pulled this card from a box of 1994 Upper Deck that I busted with Chris.  I'm glad to have this one come back looking so great.
Here is a really nice 1996 Fleer Metal and a 1994 Topps Future Star.  Both of these turned out great as well.
Finally, here are a couple of Topps base cards that look great.  I didn't have very many 2000 Topps; and the 1995 came from my building of that set.  I ended up with a bunch of extras from 1995, so I will be seeing more come in, in due time.

Walbeck (b. 1969) played in the majors from 1993 to 2003 for the Cubs, Twins, Tigers, Angels and Phillies.  He had 492 hits, 28 home runs and a .233 batting average.

I mailed to Walbeck on November 14 and got the cards back on December 23, for a 39-day TAT.

No comments: