Wednesday, January 4, 2017

TTM Success - Dick Drago

Here are some really nice signed cards that I got from former pitcher, Dick Drago.  All of the cards turned out really great, I think.  I like the above 1981 Topps because of the old Mariners logo and the awesome beard.  I also liked those old Mariners jerseys, and you can see a little bit of it on this card.
This 79 Topps card really turned out well.  I'll say again that red cards really pop when I scan and post them.  That is also true for this card.  I love how it look.  The blue signature pops even more since it is such a contrast to everything else on the card.
Here are the rest of the cards that I got signed.  They all look nice, I think.  I appreciate that I was able to send so many to Drago to get signed.

Drago (b. 1945) played in the majors from 1969 to 1981 for the Royals, Red Sox, Angels, Orioles and Mariners.  He had a career record of 108-117 with 987 strike outs and an ERA of 3.62.  He finished 5th in the 1971 AL Cy Young Award voting, his only time receiving votes for that award.

I mailed to Drago on November 14 and got the cards back on December 6, for a 22-day TAT.

No comments: