Thursday, January 5, 2017

TTM Success - Ricky Bones

It might be hard to tell, but this 1994 Topps Finest is signed by former pitcher, Ricky Bones.  The scan takes a little bit away from the card, but the player also used a ball point pen to sign it.  Still, it is a really cool card.  I always liked this design of Finest and wanted to get a couple of them signed.  My LCS has a box of cards from the 90s that I have been picking from, so hopefully some more cards like this one will come in.
This 1992 Topps turned out better.  I used to have a ton of this year of Topps, but unloaded them a long time ago.  I kind of regret all of the cards I've unloaded, but I did have to make a lot of room, so it makes sense.  I do wonder, though, what really cool cards did I get rid of that I would have loved to send TTM?
Finally, here are a couple other cards that I got back.  These horizontal cards are pretty nice.  Again, we see a 1995 Stadium Club.  The top card is a 1995 Flair.  I still have a bunch of both of these kinds of cards, so I'm sure I will be getting some more of them signed and placed in my album.

Bones (b. 1969) played in the majors from 1991 to 2001 for the Padres, Brewers, Yankees, Reds, Royals, Orioles and Marlins.  He had a career record of 63-82 with a 4.85 ERA and 564 strike outs.  He was an All Star in 1994 for the Brewers.  I don't remember him being on the Orioles, but that was the 1999 season, and I was fully immersed in college. I followed the Orioles then, but wasn't collecting baseball cards, so that kind of explains why I don't remember him being there.

I mailed to Bones on November 22 and got the cards back on December 6, for a 14-day TAT.

No comments: