Saturday, January 7, 2017

TTM Success - Bryan Harvey

It took me a couple tries, but I finally got a return from former reliever, Bryan Harvey.  I used a few really nice cards from the mid-90s, notably this Topps Embossed from 1995.  I didn't have a whole lot of these, but now I have one in my autograph album.  It's a pretty cool card, I think.  The auto turned out really nice, as well.
Here are some requisite Topps cards that I sent off.  I had to add a 1989, since it looked so sharp, and the 1993 marks some of the first Marlins cards.  They both look really cool.
Always loving horizontal cards, I got three with this Harvey success.  The 1994 Topps didn't turn out as nicely as I had hoped, since the card is so dark.  I didn't have a lot of 1994 to choose from, so this one will be fine.  The other two horizontal cards look much better, though!

Harvey (b. 1963) played in the majors from 1987 to 1995 for the Angels and Marlins.  He is a fellow graduate of UNC-Charlotte and father of Orioles prospect, Hunter Harvey.  He had a career record of 17-25 with an ERA of 2.49 and 448 strike outs.  He had 45 or more saves in two seasons, 1991 and 1993, the same two seasons in which he was an All Star.  He finished second in the 1988 AL Rookie of the Year voting and 5th in the 1991 AL Cy Young voting.  He finished 8th in the NL Cy Young voting in 1993 and received MVP votes that year as well, finishing 14th.

I mailed to Harvey on November 3, but the package came back RTS, so I tried the new address provided by USPS on November 15.  The cards finally came back on December 8, for a 23-day TAT.

No comments: