Sunday, January 15, 2017

TTM Success - Dave Dracecky

I was unable to post the last couple of days since I was out of town, but I'm back and need to get some stuff posted.  I'm way behind on TTM posts, Christmas stuff, trades and some recent pickups.  That means I am going to be really busy for a while playing catch-up, but I guess it is better than struggling to find something to write about.

With that being said, here is a nice TTM success that I got from former pitcher, Dave Dravecky.  I was able to get a bunch of his Topps cards signed, and they all turned out great.
I got a nice run of his Topps cards signed, from 1985 to 1990.  If I had his 1984, I would have sent it, too so it would have been 1983 to 1990.  They all look awesome and Dravecky has a really great signature.
Dravecky (b. 1956) played in the majors from 1982 to 1989 for the Padres and Giants.  He had a career record of 64-57 with a 3.13 ERA and 558 strike outs.  He was an All Star in 1983.  His career ended in 1989 when his arm snapped while throwing a pitch.  He had recently undergone cancer surgery and had just returned to the majors.  After his arm broke, another tumor was discovered and his career was ended.  In 1991, less than two years after his retirement, his pitching arm was amputated.  Dravecky now does motivational speaking and has written several books about his ordeal.

I mailed to Dravecky on November 12 and got the cards back on December 12 for a 30-day TAT.

No comments: