Tuesday, January 3, 2017

TTM Success - Orlando Merced

While I'm disappointed in how this card scanned, I am really happy about this TTM success from Orlando Merced.  I sent off some really nice mid-90s cards, and all of them came back looking really great.  The above card looks so much better in person; you'll have to take my word for it.  This is a 1997 Donruss Press Proof.  While not serial numbered, the back does say that the card is 1 of 2000.  The auto shows up really nice on it, I think,
Stadium Club cards always look great when signed.  This borderless, horizontal 1995 Stadium Club is such a sharp card.  It just begged for an auto.  I am so glad I sent this one out.
Here is a card that could have made an appearance on the Topps Autograph Page.  Speaking of, I didn't realize that the page wasn't showing up in the tabs last night.  That has been corrected and hopefully you all can see it now.  Please remember to take a look!
Finally, here are a couple more nice mid-90s cards.  The left one is a 96 Studio, which I believe is the first from that set that I have been able to get signed.  The card on the right is a 1996 Flair.  Flair cards always look awesome when signed, and this one is no different.

Merced (b. 1966) played in the majors from 1990 to 1999 and 2001 to 2003 for the Pirates, Blue Jays, Twins, Red Sox, Cubs, Expos and Astros.  He had 1,108 hits, 103 home runs and a batting average of .277 across his MLB career.  He finished 2nd to Jeff Bagwell in the 1991 NL Rookie of the Year voting.

I mailed to Merced on October 24 and got the cards back on December 6 for a 43-day TAT.

No comments: