Saturday, January 21, 2017

TTM Success - Cliff Johnson

Here is a pretty cool TTM success that I got from Cliff Johnson.  I thought the old Cubs uniform on this card was great.  I had a ton of 1981 Topps that I sorted by number, then pulled all of the guys who sign TTM.  I now have a ton of 81s to get signed whenever I send out packages. It is a nice year of Topps to get signed, I think.
I also liked this 1977 Topps due to the Astros jersey.  Johnson also looks like he wants to hit that catcher over the head with his bat, for some reason.
Finally, here is a 1984 Fleer that I found.  I don't have many of this year of Fleer at all, so getting this one signed was pretty nice.  There is a lot of blue on this card.

Johnson (b. 1947) played in the majors from 1972 to 1986 for the Astros, Yankees, Indians, Cubs, A's, Blue Jays and Rangers.  He had 1,016 hits, 196 home runs and a .258 batting average.  He won the World Series with the Yankees in 1977 and 1978.

I mailed to Johnson on December 3, and got the cards back on December 23.  I sent four cards and $10.00, he kept one card.

No comments: