Monday, January 15, 2024

Addition to the Album - Herm Starrette Auto

When I was Christmas shopping on Ebay, I picked myself up a little something, this 1991 Crown Orioles Herm Starrette signed card.  I actually need Starrette on the Brewers leaders card in the 1987 set, but there aren't many of them out there.  I had gotten one of these for my friend, Ryan, and figured I'd get one for myself as well.

Starrette (b. 1936 - d. 2017) played in the majors from 1963 to 1965 for the Orioles.  He had a record of 1-1 with 21 strike outs and a 2.54 ERA.  He was also from Statesville, NC.

I'm glad I picked this up, but I need to continue to keep an eye out for him on that 1987.  I wish I had known to send one to him TTM a few years ago, but I didn't know who all was on those leaders cards until it was too late. 

1 comment:

Ryan H said...

Thanks a ton for the surprise gift!