Saturday, September 23, 2023

September 14-15, 2023, Graphing of Mudcats at Wood Ducks

The first round of the Carolina League playoffs was last week, with the first game on the road at the Mudcats on Tuesday.  The second game was at home in Kinston on Thursday, my birthday.  The Wood Ducks came in with a 1-0 lead in the best-of-three series.  The hope was that they would sweep and win the round on my birthday.  It didn't worm out that way, but the Wood Ducks did take the series against the Mudcats, setting up a rematch of the 2021 championship against Charleston.
There were a few Mudcat guys who I needed that weren't here the last time they came to town.  I finished off everything I had, except for Hedbert Perez, who was out for the remainder of the season with a broken leg.

Dylan O'Rae was really nice, he signed everything I had.  Daniel Guilarte also finished off everything I had pretty quickly.  By the time the Wood Ducks won the series on Friday, I was out of cards for both teams.  It was nice clearing out my box of Wood Ducks stuff, finally.

Quincy Scott gave me one of his bats and inscribed it Happy Birthday on Thursday.
We got to watch the celebration of the Wood Ducks moving on.  Their next game would be Sunday against the Riverdogs in another best-of-three series.

In all, I got the following autographs: Quincy Scott x 1, Danyer Cueva x 7, Gleider Figuereo x 6, Anthony Gutierrez x 9, Ian Moller x 1, Jace Avina x 10, Logan Henderson x 1, Daniel Guilarte x 21, Dylan O'Rae x 14, Carlos Maldonaldo x 2 and Tayden Hall x 1 (73 total autographs). 

No comments: