Monday, September 4, 2023

2023 National Pickup - 1960 Topps Jimmy Brown

There wasn't a whole lot that jumped out at me at the National.  It turned out to be a good thing, as I was able to bring a lot of my budget home.  Still, I did come home with a lot of nice stuff.  One of the cards that did jump out at me was this 1960 Topps Jimmy Brown. 

Jim Brown was one of the greatest football players of all time, and I had the chance to meet him at the National back in 2018.  I passed on spending the $300 to meet him, which I regret.  I'm not a big football fan, but I did enjoy the movies that Brown was in.  I also respect greatness, and adding him to my autograph collection would have been nice.

Anyway, I missed out.  So, I added this card to my collection as a consolation. I can't afford Brown's rookie card, so this one will do for now.  I may pick up a few of his other cards, just because.  I definitely like vintage football cards, but I'm not going too far out of my way to add any.  Just some stuff that jumps out at me.

No comments: