Sunday, September 24, 2023

September 17, 2023, Graphing of the Riverdogs at Wood Ducks

The Wood Ducks opened the championship round of the playoffs at home last Sunday against the Charleston Riverdogs. I was glad the Riverdogs came back, as I had missed several of their guys last time they were in town.  I finished those guys off in the one game that was played, which was nice. 
Ryan Cermak was injured last time, and Carlos Colmenarez had been sent down, but were back on the roster.  I was able to get everything I had of them signed.  Brayden Taylor only signed one of my cards, but it turned out nicely, and I should have there chances next season to finish off what I had.

I was able to get Gary Gill Hill as the team was coming off of the field, in the rain, thanks to Matt bringing and holding up an umbrella.  I was afraid the card would be messed up, but it turned out fine.

The Riverdogs swept the series and won the Carolina League championship again.  I was glad that the Wood Ducks made it, but the Rays system is pretty stacked.  The Woodies did give them a run for their money, so we can take that as a positive. It was a great season, and I really have no complaints with how it went.

In all, I got the following autographs: Ryan Cermak x 24, Carlos Colmenarez x 14, Gary Gill Hill x 1, Xavier Isaac x 1, Trevor Martin x 1 and Brayden Taylor x 1 (42 total autographs).

No comments: