Saturday, September 30, 2023

2023 Signed Wood Ducks Team Set is Complete

This counted as a private signing, I think.  I had everyone in the Wood Ducks team set sign their card this season, with the exception of Ivan Oviedo, Jr.  He was sent to Arizona right before the team set came out, and had remained there for the rest of the season.  The guys who were in the set that moved up to Hickory were gotten when I went up there right after the set came out, and a little later in the season when Matt and Josh finished off the last couple of cards that I had left.  Except for Oviedo.

Thankfully, Oviedo had added me on social media prior to the start of the season (must have been because m avatar was the Wood Duck logo).  I reached out to him to see if he would be willing to sign for me, as well as my friends.  I also had a custom card for someone in Texas, so our package grew to 14 cards that we needed to get signed.

Oviedo was really nice about signing everything.  The only thing he wanted in return was for us to find him five additional cards of him that he could give out to his family.  So, our group got together and bought five team sets.  We pulled Oviedo's card out of three of them, and then sent two complete sets to him.  We figured that he may want a few cards of his teammates.

I sent to Oviedo on September 15 and got the cards back on September 25, for a 10-day TAT.  I really appreciate Oviedo helping us finish up the team set.  This is only the second Wood Ducks team set that I have been able to complete.

No comments: