Friday, March 30, 2018

TTM Success - Bruce Kimm

All kinds of TTM successes have rolled in lately.  I have a lot from the late 70s - early 80s, lots of 87s, and some more recent stuff; with a few late 60s - early 70s tossed in as well.  One of the late 70s group that came in was this success from Bruce Kimm.  I like the 1977 Topps set (above), so it was nice to add one to the album.  I have quite a few 77s, so it makes it so I have some good options when searching cards from that era.  I actually have a good bit of cards from 76-79, so that's why that grouping is pretty dominant in my album.  Might as well put them to some use.
I also have a good many 1981 Topps.  The old White Sox uniforms from that era are really odd, especially with that collar.  Wow.

Kimm (b. 1951) played in the majors in 1976, 1977, 1979 and 1980 for the Tigers, Cubs and White Sox.  He had 104 hits, 1 home run and a .237 batting average.

He was the third of three managers of the Cubs in 2002, leading them to a record of 33-45 (.423%) across 78 games.  Don Baylor started the season at the helm of the Cubs; Rene Lachemann managed them for a game, and then Kimm finished out the season.

I mailed to Kimm on February 5 and got the cards back on March 3, for a 26-day TAT.

No comments: