Wednesday, March 7, 2018

TTM Success - Jake McGee

Slowly, I have been getting more into sending off to current players, to try and see if I can move some more recent cards from my boxes to my album.  I sent off a bunch of Spring Training TTMs, a few of which have been returned.  A good many of them remain out.  This success from Jake McGee was actually sent out prior to Spring Training, and came in right when pitchers and catchers were set to report.
I got McGee on the 2014 Topps gold at the top of the post, and these two from 2011, a Topps Finest and a Topps base.  I saved the rest of the McGee cards I had, with the intention of maybe sending to him during the season, as well.  The 2011 Finest was actually in my card show box, but hadn't sold, so it was an easy choice to send along.

McGee (b. 1986) has played in the majors since 2010 for the Rays and Rockies.  He has a 23-16 record with 415 strike outs, 44 saves and a 3.15 ERA.

I mailed to McGee on January 8 and got the cards back on February 6, for a 29-day TAT.

No comments: