Saturday, March 10, 2018

A TTM Success and 50-50 of Lou Whitaker and a Trade

Lou Whitaker ended up being wrapped up in a few events associated with this blog recently.  First of all, I got this card TTM from him, at a fee of $25.  I needed the 87 Topps for the set, but I sent it off before I received a message from a fellow Instagrammer, Brandon, who apparently knows Whitaker personally, and offered to get a card signed for me.  The 87 was sent out on November 28 and got the card back on February 12, for a 76-day TAT.  I had received a TTM success from Whitaker a while back on a baseball, so I needed to get the card done.
Brandon offered to 50/50 Whitaker, so I chose this 1985 Topps to get back, since I knew the 87 would be back eventually.  I sent Brandon a handful of cards along with this one.  For the extra cards, he proposed a trade.
He sent me these Xavier Avery cards that he had gotten IP in exchange for the extra Whitakers.  I didn't have either card, so I was glad to add them to the album.

No comments: