Friday, March 16, 2018

TTM Success - Donn Pall

Donn Pall was a player who had been in my box probably since I first put it together and organized it for TTMs.  For whatever reason, I kept bypassing him and kept sending to other players, when I finally decided to get his cards out in the mail.  The above 1993 Topps Stadium Club White Sox was a unique card in the box that I really wanted to send.  In the end, I have no idea what took me so long, but here we are with a success.

The only drawback to the success was that this card, the one I really wanted to see come back, was damaged in transit.  It is hard to see from the scan, but the bottom left corner took a major hit.  It will be forever protected in my binder from here on out, but I hate that it got damaged in the first place.  I have been lucky that my hundreds of cards come back safely, so I can't complain too much.
I sent off four Topps cards, a 1989, 1990, 1992 and 1993.  The 1992 is hard to see the signature in person, but the scan picked it up.
Finally, here is a 1990 Fleer.  I had a big box of these somewhere, but can't seem to find them.  These are really clean cards and look great when signed.  I think the box is shoved under a bed somewhere, so I hope to find them sometime.

Pall (b. 1962) played in the majors from 1988 to 1994 and 1996 to 1998 for the White Sox, Phillies, Yankees, Cubs and Marlins.  He had a career record of 24-23 with 278 strike outs and a 3.63 ERA.

I mailed to Pall on January 8 and got the cards back on February 15, for a 38-day TAT.

No comments: