Sunday, December 20, 2015

Christmas Gift From Frankie

I got an awesome Christmas package in the other day from my good friend, Frankie from the blog "My Life In The Sportscard Hobby".  I met Frankie last year through my good friend, Drew.  Frankie and I did a couple trades, then we spent a lot of time together at this past year's National walking around and enjoying the show.  Frankie is a really good guy, but I did not in any way expect that he would land this kind of gift on me.

Above is an awesome 2013 Topps Pro Debut Sonny Gray printing plate.  This is the cyan plate.  Also of note, Gray appears as a RockHound on this card.  My son, Chris, was a RockHound for two seasons, and had a very special time on those teams.  So, I think it is really cool to have this card with Gray in the RockHounds uniform!
Frankie included a few Orioles cards as well, most notably this Cal Ripken from 2015 Topps Hi Tek that I didn't yet have in my collection.  The card is numbered 48/50 and is acetate.  Frankie must have read the several posts of mine where I discuss how much I love acetate cards!

Thank you so much for the awesome Christmas gifts, Frankie!  I really appreciate it!

No comments: